[alt-photo] Re: PVA addn. to pt/pd soln.

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Dec 16 17:31:38 GMT 2009

For the records: (maybe there are some that can't find the suitable
PVAL, thinking that being a polymer there isn't a single PVAL
around...) pure isopropanol could also aid absorption by reducing
surface tension BTW... I use it (occasionally) with gum emulsion
(easier spreading / smoothing) and carbon tissue (to dissipate
micro-bubbles) with success.

Paul, PVAC and PVAL are both used as emulsifier / glue / sizing and
many more applications. As I said a couple of months ago: PVA, PVAC or
PVAL are too generic names to be useful (for our purposes)
designations. For instance, I have great success using a transparent
PVAC wood glue as sizing for gum (I totally left gelatin sizing, PVAC
sizing is quick!) whereas another printer can't use a PVAC glue *from
the same company* but marketed / purchased in another country...

Regards,
Loris.