[alt-photo] 26th annual Platypus Party

Richsul Sullivan richsul at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 1 16:17:38 GMT 2010

Everyone is invited:

Every other year we do an APIS which is the Alternative Process
International Symposium. On the between years we do out Platypus Party and
this year 2010 is the Platypus year. Platypus is a gathering of alternative
photographic process workers where good chile is eaten and prints are shown.
It is an informal gathering unlike the more formal APIS. Originally it was
held at our home in Van Nuys California but has moved since 1995 to our home
in Santa Fe NM.

The first gathering was in 1984 so this is its 26th anniversary. Quite a
feat in the alt world.

This year it will be on Saturday July 31st from 2:00 to 7:00 PM. Bring
prints or if you are new and just want to come and look, feel free. Food and
drink provided.

You may also want to check out the Santa Fe Opera program if you are coming.
Santa Fe has a world class opera and a stunning campus and is often listed
in the top 10 operas in the U.S. Best to order tickets now as it is mostly
sold out in the summer. Also reserve a space now at the airport for your
Lear Jet or Gulfstream as spaces there are at a premium. All of those rich
New Yorkers grab them early.

The party is at the home of Dick and Melody Sullivan, 18 General Sage Dr,
Santa Fe, NM, 87505. Call B+S at 505-474-0890 for more information.

Also if you have something you think would make a good presentation at APIS
2011, give a call to B+S and ask for Melody.

Oh, and in case you were wondering. PLATYPUS = Platinum Printers Annual
Party Under the Stars. Our first was a backyard barbecue.

--Dick Sullivan