[alt-photo] Re: Getting started with gum dichromate printing

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 8 14:34:51 GMT 2010

Hi Tom,

Sorry to say I haven't read Chris's article, although she was very
helpful to me in emails when I was starting to gum print (thanks,
Chris!), but  by far-- the most helpful and detailed (with
illustrations no less) are Judy's PF Journal articles.  There was one
particular issue that was very detailed, for beginners.  My copy is
pretty stained and dog-eared now, but it was incredibly helpful.  I
don't have it in front of me, so I don't know which issue it is-- but
if you don't have it-- or any of them-- you may as well order all the
copies now.  Those PF Journals I return to all the time-- incredibly
informative and really interesting.  Katharine's website is helpful,
too, and I thought Sam's article on Unblinking Eye was good as well.
By far, though, for starting-- I do think Judy's step-by-step
instructions can't be beat.

Diana