[alt-photo] Speedy Cyanotype Question

francis schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:40:45 GMT 2010

Back in February the list discussed the shortening of exposure time by
increasing the amount of FAC to Potassium Ferricyanide. I find myself in a
bit of a crunch with a outdoor workshop tomorrow and no sun in the forecast.

I've been asked to contribute a technique to decorating Tom's Shoes (a brand
made by a company that donates shoes to children in need). In all
probability I am going to have to squeeze about 3 pairs of shoes coated with
cyanotype at a time into a homemade exposure unit. Since the light resists
will vary but tend to be more of a photogram generating type, I don't think
grain will be an issue. I think getting the participants' shoes through the
exposure unit will be my priority.

I don't remember Richard Sullivan's recipe for cyanotype. What are the
effects of adding ammonium dichromate and how much is added? What about the
amounts of FAC and PF? And one more question, does the ammonium dichromate
get added only after the two main ingredients are mixed?

I appreciate any  help. Tomorrow is going to be CHAOS!

-francis

--
francis schanberger

www.frangst.com