[alt-photo] Re: New Platinum Prints

Mark Nelson ender100 at aol.com
Sat Apr 10 21:24:35 GMT 2010

David,

My guess is that you are compensating for the lack of negative density
with the 1400 inkset by reducing exposure to get good highlight tones
thus losing DMax. Try using all inks with an RGB black & white
negative in Adobe 1998, but increase the contrast of the pt/pd mix
gradually til it matches the density of the negatives. Just print
digital 21 step tablets.

The 1400 probably works well with gum because you don't need much
density for gum.

Mark Nelson
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com
PDNPRint Forum @ Yahoo Groups