[alt-photo] Re: New Platinum Prints

Edward Draper ercdraper at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:50:55 GMT 2010

Thank you for all your comments

Some so honest they made me wince - but hey I'm here to learn - and you
don't forget advice like that

I did spend a large amount of time on my negatives and calibrating them
using step wedges and correction factors that I applied with curves in
PhotoShop

I'm happy with that aspect

I did not realise that the artifacts from applying the salts to the paper
that I adore - and was one of the reasons for coming to these processes in
the first place - caused such a bad reaction.

I love the brush strokes and will stick with them

I did not acidify my Fabriano paper - and looking at some of the comments,
I'm not sure I need to

Who does use an acid wash with this paper?

What process do you follow?

What evidence do you have that it improves things?

Thanks

Edward