[alt-photo] Re: New Platinum Prints

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon Apr 12 08:37:42 GMT 2010

Actually it's beneficial to use a long scale process with digital negatives
(as long as the inks can give sufficient density of course!), since the low
contrast emulsion masks printer's dithering / weaving pattern pretty
efficiently, giving very smooth and rich tonalities. Keeping all else
constant (such as printer, transparency material, paper...), I can see the
dithering with cyanotype whereas I can't see it with pop pd, and the pd
prints aren't less sharp than cyanotype prints at all... (Both will show 2x2
pixels checkerboard pattern in 360ppi file resolution, which makes ~7 lines
per mm print resolution. This is the max I can get from my printer anyway.)

Regards,
Loris.