[alt-photo] Re: NuArc UV units question

ender100 at aol.com ender100 at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 19:37:44 GMT 2010

Jeremy,

Actually it's a good question and not pedantic.  Since as you say, NUARC units vary between two machines, two ways to get some sense of what a "unit" is between the two machines is to:

1.  expose a known contrast mix of PT/PD with a step tablet for a given number of units on both machines and compare number of step

or

2.  Compare how many units it takes on each machine to properly expose a given contrast mix of PT/PD.

>From there you can compare the output of the two machines.  Standard Step Tablets are great tools!

Mark Nelson
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com upadated home page