[alt-photo] Re: NuArc UV units question

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 12 19:41:22 GMT 2010

Jeremy, with all due respect, I don't believe that the question is pedantic at all.

While there isn't a quantification/definition of a NuArc unit, there is an equivalency that can be expected in a particular model with a new bulb. That's the reason I asked the question. There is no one in my area that uses a NuArc for alt exposure and I was trying to compare against others to see if my unit was faulty.

The fact that my negs for sun exposures for gum are 2 minutes or (seemingly) 120-150 units on my NuArc, and that my sun exposures for pd are 7 minutes, make it seem strange that any pd exposure would be 45 units. This is precisely the type of difference I'm trying to nail down in troubleshooting my unit.

Until I replace the bulb and do all my testing, I was just trying to get a compendium of experiences...

Paul