[alt-photo] Re: wet-plate collodion

Joseph Smigiel smieglitz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:43:38 GMT 2010

Jeffrey,

See:
http://www.permadocument.be/texte/YRK/RFK/OPIUM%20FIELDS/RKE3.html

Mention is made there of "bronze powders" as well as collodion and
the gold leaf/banana oil method on dry plate positives.  I've also
read elsewhere about the process but do not recall the source.

I think the gold leaf would be prohibitively expensive.

Dan Burkholder is using gold leaf and vellum with his Pt/Pd printing
process.   Perhaps he can comment with further historical info.

Joe