[alt-photo] Re: Alternative sensitiser

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 19 12:16:49 GMT 2010

Hi Kees,

I found the concentrated pinapple enzyme at a health store (in
capsule form). It is called Bromelain. . The concentrated enzyme is
very powerful- perhaps 30 mg/30 g gelatine and a couple of hours at
RT is sufficient (the warmer it is -but not hot, the faster it acts)
- timing and temperature is everything here. Too much and the gelatin
gets very watery and the prints are thin. Too little and the gelatin
thickens up too quickly upon coating. Once it is sufficiently thin,
you do have to boil the gelatin for a half minute or so to deactivate
the enzyme.  You likely will have to do this a few times before you
get it the way you want. It is tricky until you develop a system.
Plenty of notes needed as you experiment.

You may try it from the fresh juice of the flesh-not processed
because the enzymes are destroyed. I haven't done this so I don't
know how much or how long, and there is the acidity that you may have
to eliminate afterwards.

Of course your methods may create results that differ from mine, and
perhaps you will discover useful things that I have not, and
hopefully we can a learn a little more.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Peter Friedrichsen