[alt-photo] Re: new MFA program in alt!

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 19 18:38:38 GMT 2010

Yeah, I agree.  I love that-- "go to Dunn-Edwards."  :)  I think I'll
borrow that.

But  my friend's comment made me think that the main reason for making
these huge prints is not just impact --(you know the old saying-- "If
in doubt, make it red; if you can't make it red, make it big")-- but
also price.  His philosophy seems to be that the bigger the print, the
higher the price tag you can put on it.  I  tend to forget that some
people actually do this to make money. ;)

Sadly, he probably has a point.  I am so tired of this big-ass digital
print phenomenon, though (which, I suspect, is directly correlated to
our society's growing obesity problem), and consistently surprised by
how many people are drawn in by these (mostly soulless) big-ass prints.