[alt-photo] size in alt

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Thu Apr 22 18:50:08 GMT 2010

Reading the size thread and ancilary e-mails leads me to invent a new
"process":

You make a comfortably sized print on your inkjet printer (say 8 by 10
inches) and then copy it freehand to whatever giant size you like.  Much
easier than it looks. I used to be an "artist", then, as a "good drawer"
became an illustrater. Work in all the annuals (submitted by the agency or
art director) led fairly good prices ("exposure" impressed them).

An assignment was the art director showing me work by someone more famous
than I was and saying "like that," except, instead of a baby vomiting,
show a pregnant woman looking happy. (That was, if memory serves, for
Pfizer... or maybe not -- the product may have been dramamine.)

Speaking of size however... remember that billions & billions in products
& services are sold by illustrations no bigger than, say, 2 over 2 squares
of toilet tissue.

J.