[alt-photo] an apology and a plea for stewardship

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 30 14:32:36 GMT 2010

Eric,

Yes, you're correct that I should talk to Mike to confirm or deny Judy's
description, since it was second-hand, at best. In the interest of lively
discussion, in which this list is at its best, my comment which may have
been a quite normal outburst at a live gathering, may have seemed too harsh
in the written context, especially one that is archived.

My sincere apologies to him for my off-hand remark here yesterday.

I will also offer my apology to him forthwith in a reply to his email, which
arrived this morning.

I will say this: I am passionate about the responsibility of chemical users,
be they amateurs or professionals, to do the right thing regardless of what
levels others may deem safe for disposal in a public sewer, waterway or
ground area. It seems that thoughts on safe disposal amounts and methods
change every few years and expert opinions may vary depending on their
motive, so it seems most proper to err on the side of safety and
stewardship. It's not hard to take measures that result in the least trace
amounts of chemicals entering the public system.

Paul