[alt-photo] Re: DESICCATE! DESICCATE! DANCE TO THE MUSIC!

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 1 19:35:18 GMT 2010

Diana,

Who ever said the recent conversation about molarity was for a beginning
class? or beginners? or 13 year olds or ???   The conversation to me was
"does it have relevance to allow advanced printers more control over their
process". The presumption of beginning class level wasn't seen by me. It
does however bring up a point about teaching that wasn't covered, which is
teach to the students level and the course expectations. Is it a workshop or
a part of a university curriculum? high school, church club, etc.

I believe here, it was bunch people that work at various levels sharing
their views.

And yes, it is true that this was never much discussed in my beginning
photography courses either. We spent more time on f-stops, shutter speed and
depth of field. Chemicals were always mixed and we walked in and made prints
or processed film. More advanced classes started talking about more advanced
ideas like what chemicals do what etc.

Why do we have 500 members and only a few dozen that post? Some are students
that don't continue with that subject. Some are tired of the list fighting
or some that got all they needed and moved on. Maybe some members always sat
in the back row and never asked questions throughout their whole formal
education. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226