[alt-photo] Re: Stoichiometry for the nonscientist

C.Breukel at lumc.nl C.Breukel at lumc.nl
Tue Aug 3 14:35:41 GMT 2010

In my limited experience when printing pure platinum on Simili Japon and
developing in PotOX; to keep the developer alive (you'll see that the
developer is off immediately: you get these very ugly measles),

Aside of keeping the volume constant by adding fresh PotOx and
filtering:

Keep the developer around pH 5 by adding pure Oxalic Acid. When the
developer goes off the pH reaches a pH of 7 or so.

When you apply this method the developer keeps very long, and does not
have to be tossed out like I did by mistake the first time....

Best,

Cor

Btw I also sun my developer to get rid of the Pt salts in solution (I
assume that the (UV) light reduces these) and filter of the black
precipitate..I always keep this filtrate, one day I promised to my self
to make Pt2Cl6 (if that is the correct formula, notes at home)

> From: alt-photo-process-list-bounces at lists.altphotolist.org On Behalf
Of