[alt-photo] Quadtone Rip printing problem

david drake daviddrakephoto at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 11 21:15:48 GMT 2010

hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with QTR for making digi-
negs.
I have Mac and am running OS 10.5.8 and using a Epson 3800
I have been using QTR off and on for a little while but all of a
sudden the QTR dialogue box isn't appearing for me. When I select
Quad3800 in the print dialogue box, the option does not appear under
'PAGES'.
I have re-installed the newest version of QTR as well as the newest
driver for my 3800. I am running CS4 (which I installed a few months
back but I have used with QTR).
In System Preferences: under Print and Fax, the Quad3800 appears in
the printer list on the left; however, the 'Location' shows 'USB
Printer' and the 'Kind' is blank.
I can't understand why the operating system can no longer find QTR
when I want to print out of PS?

I have sent an email to Roy Harrington of QTR and awaiting response.
Just thought I would also try this list.

thanks for your help,
david

david drake photography
www.daviddrakephotography.com