[alt-photo] Re: Ziatype questions (update)

Vedos vedos at samk.fi
Mon Aug 16 22:44:29 GMT 2010

Hi all,

Many thanks to Loris, Marek and all who advised me on the ziatype... here's a little update.

I had certain issues with papers and chemistry - they largely turned out to be due to my inexperience in ziatype. I've been printing dozens of small step tablet tests now, and gradually learned how humidity in the paper should look and feel (don't need the acetate mylars any more). I also learned "steam development" for papers that were exposed too dry. I mix "creatively" the zia's different ingredients and am building curves for the different emulsion mixes. But I still have a feeling about something being wrong with my chemistry; I have some strange looking correction curves for negatives...

Anyway, on my blog you can see what I been doing lately. It may be boring stuff though... all that playing with gray charts and such... ;)

- Jalo

-- If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be --

V E D O S
Alternative Photographic Processes
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences
vedos at samk.fi
http://vedos.samk.fi
http://www.samk.fi