[alt-photo] Re: gum curve question

henk thijs henk.thijs at hetnet.nl
Wed Aug 18 21:58:53 GMT 2010

Don, Paul et al,
It is as if i hear my wife complaining about my missing ability to explain things using the PC ...
I try again.
Since years now i am making digital negs on Epson 1290 and Epson 3800 using a gum curve based upon a.o. PDN system .
This means that i take care of the UV-blocking of the used inks in the Epson-printers.
But , cleaning out my darkroom I found still a lot of  Arista APHS film and want to use the stuff.
So, like Paul said , I have to use an inter positive, sandwich the positive with the APHS film, expose, develop, fix , wash etc. (This positive is made like the digital PDN-based negative : via Photoshop digitally with Epson printers.)
The question is , what about the gum-curve , the UV-blocking does not play a role here, on the other hand the inter positive is made via an inkjetprinter with most probably also a different 'blocking' to 'normal' light, or?
Hope i made myself a bit more clear.
Henk

www.thijs-foto.com