[alt-photo] Re: gum curve question

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 19 14:40:19 GMT 2010

Henk,

Ron Reeder had a curve available for gel-silver digital negs which works
great on Ilford paper. I would try that if it's still around at his site or
by emailing him.

But I would say to try any old weak digital positive whether PDN or
not...you'll know in 5 minutes whether the range looks good on the APHS
film.

BTW, I use APHS all the time here to make traditionally enlarged negatives.
I use digital negs for tricolor, as well as to save time with the other
processes, but there's nothing like a film neg for many reasons. It's the
drudgery of the two-step wet process plus the ever-present dust problem that
gets to you after a while...;-)

Paul