[alt-photo] BFK & Rives heavysheet shades of white

Colin colin at colinflanarygraham.com
Sat Aug 21 14:58:26 GMT 2010

Anyone notice a glaring difference between the white hues of these papers? The heavysheet white looks distinctly yellow-cream while the bfk seems more a traditional natural white. I've only bought the heavysheet through Blick here in the states so not sure if it's a inventory error or it's actually the correct shade. Customer support says that the paper is made it 2 separate mills, so don't expect the whites to be the same. I said ok, but this ins't a matter of slight differences, the heavysheet  definately looks as if some pigment is added in the pulp stage to get this color. They were unmoved.

Incidentally, careful ording the white heavysheet from Blick if you expect any traditional interpretation of white to arrive at your door. The stuff looks like melted butter pecan ice cream. Not sure how the other shades match up, but the website still uses the same photo sample to represent all Rives printmaking papers.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5384 (20100821) __________

http://www.eset.com