[alt-photo] Re: BFK & Rives heavysheet shades of white

Colin colin at colinflanarygraham.com
Sun Aug 22 02:25:25 GMT 2010

Thanks for the info Keith,  much appreciated. It must be  the non bfk
version- just 'Rives' in the watermark with the infinity symbol.

The thing that confuses and iritates me is the Rives heavyweight white (much
preferreable to the name 'heavy sheet' if they are the same paper) looks
exactly like the cream in the sample photo-
http://www.dickblick.com/products/rives-printmaking-papers/#photos used to
represent both Rives 'Heavy Sheet' and Rives BFK. I can understand
differences is the whites from separate mills, but this is a little over the
top. The image at Daniel Smith does look warmer as you say, but I'd still
have to say what I got from Blick is closer to the buff version. Next time
I'm in Seattle I'll go to the store and look them over in person.  Rives
paper is confusing enough without buying it site unseen!

Thanks,
Colin