[alt-photo] Help Needed re: Camera Club Talk

S Makeham rhemaangel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:12:54 GMT 2010

G'Day Y'All!!!

Still lurking & learning here. :o)

I have a bit of a dilemma happening right now. During the tea break at
my camera club one night, the conversation got turned to the history
of photography and the "old-fashioned" print processes (which WE know
as alt). And my big mouth went & did it again. I said something about
doing pinhole & cyanotypes & gum, and before I knew what hit me, I had
been booked as the September workshop speaker!!!! I now have to fill
about 30-45 minutes on the joys of pinhole & cyano  other "esoteric"
processes. LOL! Me & my big mouth!

Seriously, though, I don't mind "spreading the word". Just not sure
what to talk about. When I asked, some wanted the history part & some
wanted processes. *SIGH* I'm asking those of you with more experience
than I have, just how the hairy-heck do I do that?????? :oO
(*whimper*)

Oh, and do you guys mind if I borrow some of your images from the net
to use on the night? They'll only be shown to about 20 or so peeps &
for the one time only (as far as I know) on a projected presentation.
Just wanted some examples of processes that I don't work in to show.

The workshop night is Sept 6, so ANY ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Sally Makeham

http://www.snmakeham.com