[alt-photo] Re: Multiple impression pigment prints by Richard Benson

sam wang samwang864 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:59:08 GMT 2010

I agree that the prints would have to be seen to be fully appreciated.

At one time Benson was printing monochrome with an offset press,
running same piece of paper through it 7 times (I think, maybe a lot
more), each time with very slight change of color. The subtlety in the
transitional tones were truly amazing, and had to be seen up close in
order to be appreciated.

Not too different from the "old timers" who printed 20 layers of gum
to get a finished monochrome print I suppose.

Sam