[alt-photo] Re: mixing platinum in stainless steel container

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Tue Aug 31 13:49:11 GMT 2010

I haven't. (Because I haven't mixed palladium or platinum solutions from
precursor salts, yet! Hehehe...)

But I remember seeing this:

"... Even when dry, palladium(II) chloride is able to rapidly stain
stainless steel. Thus, palladium(II) chloride solutions are sometimes used
to test for the corrosion-resistance of stainless steel.[7] ..."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium%28II%29_chloride)

Regards,
Loris.