[alt-photo] Re: and a warning...

Kees Brandenburg ctb at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Feb 2 09:50:02 GMT 2010

> Meanwhile, however, today I got an e-mail purportedly from "mailman-owner at list"... with something about a monthly re-registration "reminder", supposedly sent out "once a month" re list memberships. Since (a) in all these years I never heard of such a thing, and (b through z) the only entities I've ever encountered that asked for my password were blatant frauds, I assume I'm not the only one who got this come-on -- and in any event, strongly advise ...DON'T !!!

Hi Judy,

...did you ever receive a phishing mail that also provides the password like this one?

The listsoftware of the new list sends out a monthly reminder to all. It reminds you of your subscribtion and sends you also your password. This service makes it easier for people to unsubscribe or change their subscription settings. For example you can set it to 'no mail' during vacations or switch from 'daily' to 'digest'.

...and you can even turn off the montly reminders!

your humble listmanager...

-kees