[alt-photo] Re: and a warning...

Francis Schanberger frangst at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 13:12:02 GMT 2010

On 2/1/10 10:49 PM, Clay Harmon Website wrote:
Hey all!

For those of you who experience schadenfreude or just to negate the idea
that it has been smooth sailing, here is a recounting of my mistress,
Vandyke Brown, going all high maintenance.

Last month I made a about 150cc of vandyke brown according to the recipe
in Chris James book and I got a lot of precipitate that is still
reluctant to do any substantial settling. I have only been able to draw
off about 40 cc of solution to print from. (I am going to make some new
vdb today).

With the light ground vdb prints I have been working on, one image in
particular seems to display a random stain (different places, same
negative, each time I print it). It doesn't bleach away with potassium
ferricyanide.

Other than that it has been terribly cold in Ohio and my basement
dimroom is very cold to work in.

Happy Groundhog Day!

-francis schanberger