[alt-photo] Re: "Alternative" printing?

Mustafa Umut Sarac mustafaumutsarac at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:46:51 GMT 2010

Alt is about playing with chemicals and make a print with multi step
process. It is not about photography and the print but history. You can make
a digital print looks like a autochrome but it doesnt made you as a person
who reinvented the process. It is expensive and requires lots of training.
If you want to go to usa , you can buy a ticket but I prefer a boat because
there are so many things I will see , feel , live and learn while going. If
you are a alt person , it is even more complex , you research viking ships
and wanted to learn how vikings feel in this boat.
Alt is archaeology and archeometry.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
Istanbul