[alt-photo] Re: "Alternative Printing": Terms to define

Greg Schmitz gws1 at columbia.edu
Mon Feb 15 13:43:54 GMT 2010

Speaking of labels,  if ink jet printers want to make life easier for
photo conservators in years to come they might consider mentioning the
specific printer and the ink set that was used (or at least put a
notation on the back of the print).  I suspect this will be come a real
issue for conservators in the near future, if it's not already.

--greg

On 2/15/10 4:32 AM, Loris Medici wrote:

===some deleted: snip%<
> BTW, that comment (that you've quoted below) wasn't about what is an
> alternative-process or what isn't. It was about labeling prints. And I
> definitely don't object to give information about the specifics of
> image-making, but I often find it unnecessary and sometimes distracting.
> BTW, I don't find "cyanotype from pinhole image" as excessively informative;
> since pinhole is a special case. But still, it's not a process in itself, at

===some deleted: snip%<