[alt-photo] Re: argyrotype

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Thu Feb 18 16:38:55 GMT 2010

That's funny; I've read this right after dumping a 4 y/o Argyrotype
bottle! Not because I tested it and it didn't work but because there
was silvering on the inside walls of the bottle and substantial amnt.
of dark precipitate in the bottom...

BTW, I never achieved almost platinum blacks with both Argyrotype and
Vandyke. Perhaps related to compounding/mixing; I don't use pure
silver oxide but make it myself... (silver nitrate + sodium hydroxide)
For me, when it comes to blacks single coat Argyrotype was better than
single coat Vandyke, double coat Vandyke was better than single coat
Argyrotype and gold-toned Argyrotype and Vandyke were both better than
all.

Regards,
Loris.