[alt-photo] Re: argyrotype

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Feb 18 16:47:44 GMT 2010

Loris,
Mike's notes say, if there is sediment, to filter old solution before use.  I didn't do anything and it was fine but no silver all over the inside.

The color is related to humidity says Mike, with the cooler tones being lower humidity.  It is grey/brown, not the luscious chocolate brown I prefer.  But Montana is really...in some respects....a PITA for alt with its traditionally semi-arid humidity levels.  I can humidify a room with a small humidifier at home, which I do before I do platinum, but there is no way I can humidify the facilities in my program because they are HUGE.  Two 20 enlarger darkrooms, one 18 individual darkroom area, and a large finishing room connecting all rooms.  So I have to work with what I have.  In the individual darkrooms they can place large trays of water and that helps greatly.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com