[alt-photo] Vertical Banding in Prints Produced from Digital Negatives

Amy Holmes George amyhgeorge at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 20 22:58:12 GMT 2010

Hello all,
I would gladly welcome any suggestions you may have regarding a recurring issue. I am printing digital negatives on Pictorico transparency film (Ultra Premium) with an Epson 3800 for use with pt/pd on COT 320 (and exposing in a Nuarc). For some reason, I am seeing a predictable pattern of vertical bands visible only in flat areas of high value such as the sky (please refer to attached jpg). This banding is not visible in the negative—even under magnification, and it is not specific to any one image. To me, the only logical explanation is my printer. So, I have performed a nozzle check, head cleaning and head alignment, but all the test results indicate no problems. I have even wiped down the interior according to the Epson printer manual instructions, and still the problem persists. What could cause this banding? I am out of ideas and feeling rather frustrated . . . help!?
Thank you,Amy