[alt-photo] Re: A possible new ink/powder for pigmenting

douglas collins dougcollins99 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 06:01:09 GMT 2010

Hi Andy - These are interesting pictures by Kate Nichols, and I like the
term 'structural color', which I am going to adopt immediately.  But her
account of the mechanism for their production could have been made precise
by referring to the topic in classical physics known as Mie scattering,
which describes wavelength shifts from reflectors in the nanometer range.
This is the basis in fact for the alt-photo technique called chromoskedasic
painting (Christina Anderson, are you there?)  Some examples can be seen on
my website at www.douglascollinspictures.com/4.html.

Cheers,
Douglas Collins

--