[alt-photo] Re: Vertical Banding in Prints Produced from Digital Negatives

Greg Franco gfrancophoto at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 07:42:48 GMT 2010

Hey Amy,

How many inks are you using?  Just black or full color set?  I have found
banding to occur if only using one or two inks... hard to see with your
eyes.. but the subtle differences in the UV absorption of each ink can cause
the banding on your print when they are blended by the printer.  I had this
happen when using just the yellow and black inks in a QTR profile for my
Epson R260(since the other inks in the set didn't show much ability to
absorb UV in my tests).  But the sum was greater than the parts and I ended
up eliminating the problem by using profiles that used all 6 inks.

Greg

Message: 9