[alt-photo] Re: Sky banding - 3800 Printer

ender100 ender100 at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 05:05:44 GMT 2010

It won't show in a regular inkjet print when printing on the positives because it is so subtle and in the deep shadows.  I have only rarely seen a reference to this when printing "regular prints" on the Epson List and I believe it was only apparent until the prints had cured.  Why it can come and go with one printer or another and never affect other printers I do not know.  The Epson 3800 is the least prone to this of any printer I have seen, except for the R1800.  I guess it has something to do with uneven paper feed of the OHP.  It can occur with any ink combination you try and any driver setting you try.
--
Best Wishes,

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives