[alt-photo] Re: Sky banding - 3800 Printer

ender100 ender100 at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 23:03:57 GMT 2010

You be welcome.
--
Best Wishes,

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups

Mark Nelson Photography

On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:32:15 PM, "Amy Holmes George" <amyhgeorge at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,
I literally just got off the phone with Epson now. Based on your previous diagnosis of "venetian blinds", I called them to inquire further. Epson confirmed that this effect is nearly always due to the way the substrate (typically a secondary non-Epson paper) "feeds" through the printer. I was told to change the Paper Feed Adjustment by increments of -5. Sounds like that is also what you were thinking. Additionally, it was suggested that I adjust the Platen Gap according to the actual thickness of my Pictorico film (which is not "3"—the standard default for Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy—but thicker).
I will be sure to share my results when I apply these changes, and maybe this information will also prove helpful to someone else someday.
Thanks so much Mark!Amy