[alt-photo] Re: Multi coat Gum -3rd+ coats tends to wash off

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Feb 24 08:04:05 GMT 2010

Maybe you're coating very thick (try to coat thinner - the thinner is the
coating the better/easier the process is) and/or maybe you should thin
(dilute) your emulsion a little bit. What is the strength of your gum
solution? 1:2 to 1:2.5/1:3 gum/water (w/w) seems to be the most used
dilutions, given they're further diluted it 1:1 with dichromate.

BTW, in the last workshop I had a student who have done up to 9 (nine!)
layers (Don't ask me why because I don't know. The result was beautiful
though...) on PVAc glue sized Fabriano Artistico HP w/o flaking.

Regards,
Loris.