[alt-photo] Re: Multi coat Gum -3rd+ coats tends to wash off

John Brewer john at johnbrewerphotography.com
Wed Feb 24 10:39:40 GMT 2010

Hi Peter,

Yes, there are some that don't size but you may get staining issues. Also,
when stretching and developing you may lose some of the manufacturers size.
It is gum compatible because it has a good wet strength and is dimensionally
stable.

I use FAEW HP, sized with gelatine and have put down 7 or 8 layers on one
image. I'm with Loris here on the thickness of your layers. I find I can get
a very thin layer by coating with a foam brush and then using a dry foam
roller to even out the coating.

J.