[alt-photo] Re: expired polaroid

Joseph Smigiel jsmigiel at net-link.net
Fri Jan 1 17:12:42 GMT 2010

If the peel-apart pack film (e.g., type 669, 665, 55, etc.,) has been
frozen the chemical pods have probably burst ruining the film pack.
If the pods have desiccated, they may be OK to some degree with
"arty" effects possible.  Or the pods may be fine.  Same with the
35mm instant type - the film backing may have dried or chemicals
desiccated.

The integral type (Time-Zero, type 600) may have expired batteries in
the pack rendering the film pack useless.

The only way to tell is to try and see what happens.  Avoid anything
frozen though.

Joe