[alt-photo] Re: Malin's map

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 5 21:13:13 GMT 2010

Hey Trevor,

Oh-- ha--  I didn't check the map closely enough to see that someone
doing alt processes was living in Saudi Arabia.  You're right.  I
suspect you won't get any visitors anytime soon.   I live in North
Carolina, also kind of distant and foreign to many (though not to me
as I'm a native)-- but may as well be on another planet with regard to
alt processes.  Though some numbers of people are scattered far and
wide throughout the state doing really interesting alt work, I've
discovered, and the numbers seemed to have picked up significantly
over the last few years-- surprisingly.  Or maybe they just started
making their work more visible, via the internet.

I've met several people from this particular list over the years, and
although not awkward-- no one has ever been exactly what I expected,
or as I had envisioned, based solely on his or her work and posts.
Well, I take that back-- one person was exactly as I had imagined.
Not sure what that means, but at least the encounters have always been
positive.

Good luck with your transparency/printer search.  Seems to me the
chemical distributor would be the biggest challenge, so the rest
should be easy.

Diana