[alt-photo] Re: ware cyanotype paper sensitivity

Tomas Sobota tom at sobota.net
Tue Jan 12 01:54:13 GMT 2010

Hi Christina,
oh no, I don't want to go into the difficult issue of pronunciation of
classical Greek, my point rather was that there already exist modern English
words with the root 'argyro-', so that presumably there must have been an
accepted pronunciation even before the word 'argyrotype' was created by
Mike.
Is it a 'dumb' question? I don't think so. Not fundamental, surely, but
quite pertinent. At least for me, since as a person who eternally struggles
with English pronunciation, I'm very interested in how words are said.
As for Nevada, it is a Spanish word deriving from 'nieve'=snow, so I have a
good idea of how it was originally pronounced. This is probably different
from actual pronunciation by locals, but I think Nevahhda is closer.
cheers
Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain