[alt-photo] Re: ware cyanotype paper sensitivity

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Tue Jan 12 07:07:59 GMT 2010

I'm extremely far from being Greek expert; I hear it very often, understand
very little of it and speak few words... (Mostly insults I have learned from
friends when I was much younger; it's a very rich language in that sense,
"as it is in many other senses...") But, according to what I hear around, I
would pronounce the g in argyros in the voiced velar fricative form. (This
sound is used both by Turks and Romioi. BTW, Greek and Romioi pronounciation
and language can be quite different, even to foreign ears; I can instantly
differentiate someone from Greece and Turkey just by hearing them speak
Greek even if I don't understand what they say...)

English: I guess it has to be that way since English has many words from
many different cultures. (Celtic? Germanic? Greek -> Latin -> Norman/French?
...) Therefore, pronounciation and spelling depends much on the origin of
the word perhaps!?

Regards,
Loris.