[alt-photo] Re: voiced fricatives

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Jan 13 09:11:05 GMT 2010

Hi Judy, how about gymnasium? It's the first letter but is pronounced with
the soft g... BTW, being (almost a native) francophone, no one will be able
to have me pronounce gynecology with the hard g, it's just absolutely
impossible for me. Your (hard g) pronounciation sound so wrong to my ears
that I'd prefer to pronounce it in the "wrong" way (to your American ears I
mean), with a soft g... :)

Regards,
Loris.