[alt-photo] Re: Chlorox Bleach Development of Gum

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Wed Jan 13 19:43:21 GMT 2010

Thanks for the insight. I haven't tried any other alkaline compound
with gum but I know ammonia is useful for trigger/accelerate
development in casein + was once advised for stubborn gum layers too,
so I think you're on the right track. OTOH, bleach is easy to find
(household item), plus, we don't use it that much; only about 20 -
40ml per liter. And, a final metabisulfite clearing bath will take
care of the bleach remaining in the paper - if any - later...

Regards,
Loris.