[alt-photo] Re: German magazines and museums

Judy Seigel jseigel at panix.com
Tue Jan 19 03:57:19 GMT 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Christina Anderson wrote:

> As you can tell, I am seeking large gum collections, having only seen
> the Eastman House's collection to date, aside from gum prints hither and
> thither.

Chris, I take as a given that you wrung every gum print at George Eastman
house out of the back storage rooms when you were there... but just in
case mention that on my last visit (a year or so ago) I was VERY impressed
with some very large gum prints by Heinrich Kuehn that I'd never seen
before. (I forget the name of the show, but it had a lot of publicity so
you probably saw it...  Still -- tho I like to think I'm immune to size,
I think I'd never seen such large gums ... & they were swell.)

True, large prints & large collections are not necessarily
interchangeable, but possibly better than nothing.

Judy