[alt-photo] Re: German magazines and museums

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Tue Jan 19 15:46:33 GMT 2010

Judy,
Was that the Impressionist Camera show that also has the great catalog?  I love that show but never saw it in person.  Oh to live in New York...

I did see all gums in the GEH collection and it was a worthwhile experience, though the collection wasn't huge.  I saw Paul Anderson, Stephen Livick, Henry Ravell, and some others that I am blanking on but want to say Franklin Enos.

What was most amazing to me was how Paul Anderson's were so gorgeous, so gum-droppy.  I usually find a lot of that era subject matter a bit on the sentimental side, but I was quite taken with his work.

In spending a fair amount of time this week going through Rundschau indexes, one can get a good idea on who was exhibiting often or writing or "in the know" in that era by how often you saw their name crop up.  Horsley Hinton, for one, seemed to get around.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com