[alt-photo] Re: copy of Netherlands gum book

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Tue Jan 19 15:26:23 GMT 2010

Oh Kees this is great! And thanks for the university URL.

See, I search Worldcat.org for words such as Gummidrucke and gomme bichromatee and gum bichromate and gum dichromate etc. etc. but never Gomdruk so this book never appeared in my searches.  For the last several days I have been going through the German Photographische Rundschau and in there was the mention of this book.  Voila, I found it on Worldcat as well.  So I ordered a copy of it through Interlibrary Loan and hopefully will be able to get it. I'm so happy the Netherlands also wrote about gum, and I think there might be one in Czech as well but have NO idea what the word would be for my Worldcat search.

books.google.com and worldcat are so incredible.

I found Photo Miniature there yesterday.

I have this what I call "Someday/Maybe" list (a David Allen thing--davidco.com) and on it is a compendium in English of all the first gum books written.

However, in order to ever do that, I'd have to get a grant. I've tried twice to get grants for German translation and failed both times. In fact, I have to say that I suck at grants--apply maybe 5 times a year and have gotten 2 in the last 3 years.

SO first things first, I am reading up on grant writing and taking a grant writing workshop this spring.  So maybe this Someday/Maybe will become a reality!

This probably is not exciting for the internationals on the list...who probably already are fluent in  five languages.  But these books are very quaint and actually full of good technique.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com