[alt-photo] 'Early Popular Visual Culture' journal goes from 3 to 4 issues/year

Thomas Weynants thomas.weynants at telenet.be
Wed Jan 20 11:05:20 GMT 2010

Dear list members,

>From 2010, 'Early Popular Visual Culture' will be increased from 3 issues to 4 issues a year!
All previous issues from 2005 to 2009 can be seen on the publication page:
See: http://www.visual-media.eu/publications.html
By clicking on the respective covers you can see the content of articles in
each issue and order them from the publisher.

See announcement of the publisher:

'Early Popular Visual Culture' is increasing to Four Issues in 2010.
>From 2010, Early Popular Visual Culture will publish four issues each year.
Since the journal's launch in 2003, its articles have introduced new perspectives on the emergence of our modern visual culture, stimulating research and interdisciplinary studies in relation to all forms of popular visual culture before 1930.

The journal has an exciting program of themed issues planned for 2010 and beyond, including:
- Intermediality in Early and Silent Cinema
- Instruction, Amusement and Spectacle: Popular Shows and Exhibitions
1800-1914
- Victorian Science and Popular Culture
- Early Animation
- Barnum and American Showmen in Europe

The easiest way to keep up-to-date with the fascinating history of visual culture documented in the journal is to receive the
<http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/controlpanel~mode=alerts~db=all> table of contents alert.
You will receive an email once each new issue is published and you can
follow links to articles and further content online.
You may already have access to the articles published in the journal if your institution subscribes.
Visit the website to find out more: www.tandf.co.uk/journals/repv

Best wishes,

Thomas
www.visual-media.eu