[alt-photo] Re: Epson 2400 ink density problems

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Thu Jan 28 16:15:06 GMT 2010

Hi Mark,

Yes, I have never seen a document that is in Adobe 1998 converted to sRGB on the fly before so the computer must need an upgrade or I just tell students to not assume anything.

Another biggie with a gang printer like this is when a neg comes out namby pamby and I ask if the heads of the printer were checked or the ink supply checked and I get the answer, "Yes they were just checked" but when you have 18 students printing out with similar colorized negs, nozzles need to be checked frequently, not just daily.

When I first saw the colorized neg I thought it wouldn't work but it stands to reason that the tonal relationships within the image would change.  E.g. the magenta tree wouldn't hold as much light back as the typical red/orange tree would in BW.  So the picture looks "normal" in actuality because you still see a tree and a sidewalk and a river....

Chris

PS who wants an IPad.....I think the name needs to change, tho, after I got a utube video spoofing the name in a....gendered way by an unnamed list member...

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com