[alt-photo] Re: evaporation of gum mixture

Paul Viapiano viapiano at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 4 17:20:17 GMT 2010

I think what I posted about is relatively simple and if I had thought about
it enough I wouldn't need to have posted.

Let's say we leave a pigment/gum mixture out overnight in a dish. It
inevitably hardens. What gets evaporated to cause this?

It must be the water in the gum arabic mixture, regardless of whose gum it
is or where the "tears" came from.

The same thing is happening at a much slower rate in my plastic container
which is not airtight. That's all.